Arena Professional Edition is designed for use throughout an enterprise. If you can describe your process then you can model it with Professional Edition. Professional Edition models virtually any simple or complex process, including discrete, semi-continuous, batch, and high speed / high volume processing lines. It also generates very detailed output statistics, enables user-defined expressions, and features direct read/write interface to external data files. Template development tools enable users to create reusable, industry specific modeling tools for their unique applications. Access to the low level SIMAN flowchart modules enables the most complex processes to be modeled and executing external programs within the model logic.
Templates include: Basic Process, Advanced Process, Advanced Transfer, Flow Process, Packaging, Blocks, and Elements
Tools include: Visual Designer, New Template Development, Input Analyzer (distribution fitting), Visio Translate, Process Analyzer, Expression Builder, Import/Export model from/to Database, Symbol Factory Library, and AVI Recorder
Optional add-on: OptQuest for Arena optimization software
Features of Arena Professional Edition:
- Easy-to-use, Visio compatible, flowcharting environment combines the power and speed of graphical programming with modeling and simulation for business process improvement
- Includes everything found in Standard Edition plus all other Arena modeling tools
- Model tanks of liquids and/or bulk materials with level sensors, plus all of the piping and valves required to fill, empty, and transfer their contents
- Model high speed / high volume packaging and lines in food, pharmaceutical, beverage, and consumer products industries, including all sensors, machine interactions, and controller logic
- Copy and paste model logic within a model and between models
- Submodels (a model within a model) with roll up statistics for modeling hierarchical systems
- Convenient spreadsheet interface for defining model input parameters such as process variables, costs, and resource schedules
- Comprehensive debugging tools include an interactive command window, a module trace window, and the ability to step through the model logic
- Arena Visual Designer creates stunning, in process 3D animations and live data dashboards for compelling presentations and visualizing key performance metrics
- Helps you predict system performance based on key metrics such as costs, throughput, queue statistics, cycle times, and utilization
- Designed to be used for system analysis and process improvement as well as tactical and strategic planning throughout an enterprise
- Useful in planning staffing requirements, equipment requirements, facility lay out, travel routes, inventory requirements, and business rules
- Aids in identifying and resolving bottlenecks
- Perpetual and annual leased licenses are available
- Each developer license includes 1 free runtime only license, both can float over a network
- Additional runtime only licenses sold separately
The Arena Packaging Template, included in Professional Edition, is effective when analyzing high-speed manufacturing packaging lines that are fundamental to the manufacturing processes of several industries, including food and beverage; pharmaceutical; tobacco; chemical; electronics; and health and beauty.
Examples of applications include:
- Predicting and validating overall line performance
- Evaluating the ROI of new technology and capital expenditures such as equipment
- Designing a new packaging line
- Troubleshooting an existing packaging line
- Determining line set up, changeover procedures, and maintenance programs
- Staffing analysis
Who can use it?
Arena Professional Edition can be used by entry-level simulationists when simple systems need to be modeled, and by expert simulationists when complex systems need to be modeled. Training and project jumpstart consulting services significantly improve the return on your investment in simulation technology.