Compatible operating systems
Stata will run on the platforms listed below. While Stata software is platform-specific, your Stata license is not; therefore, you need not specify your operating system when placing your order for a license.
Learn about running Stata on a dual-core, multicore, or multiprocessor computer.
Stata for Windows
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 *
- Windows 7 *
- Windows Vista *
- Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003 *
* 64-bit and 32-bit Windows varieties for x86-64 and x86 processors made by Intel® and AMD
Find out if your OS is 64-bit compliant.
Stata for Mac
Stata for Unix
- Any 64-bit (x86-64 or compatible) or 32-bit (x86 or compatible) running Linux
- Minimum of 512 MB of RAM
- Minimum of 900 MB of disk space
- Stata for Unix requires a video card that can display thousands of colors or more (16-bit or 24-bit color)